Digital PR Strategist
Careers > Job Description
Have you helped a brand get great coverage and links through PR? Do you want to join one of the fastest growing and well respected agencies in the UK? Then read on.
The SEO Works are looking for a Digital PR Strategist to work either remotely or here in Sheffield. The Digital PR Strategist will work with the wider team and our top-tier clients, creating digital content and outreach strategies that amplify their online presence and produce great backlinks.
You’ll be a creative individual, who knows how to use data to back up your thinking. You’ll be plugged in to social media and current trends, being able to analyse a company, product, content piece or raw data to find a story and hook.
You’ll love working with clients, presenting ideas and concepts and creating them. You’ll have experience of developing relations with key media and publications to create and pitch content, and get a massive buzz from securing coverage online.
You’ll be joining the business at an exciting time, as it continues to grow and cement its reputation as one of the top agencies in the UK. Loads of opportunity for career and professional development.
Roles and responsibilities
- Develop digital PR strategies for clients, creating plans and road maps from a digital PR perspective
- Competitive analysis including audience, data and topic research to identify what is hot and how your client can hook into this
- Use creative thinking and research skills to create unique stories and compelling campaign ideas that really stand out and attract coverage
- Writing content and project managing interactive content generation pieces
- Deliver regular backlinks from your PR and outreach campaigns
- Working with the business development team for new digital PR pitches
- Building relationships with journalists and influencers
- Creating media lists and conducting outreach to press
- Communicating directly with clients
- News monitoring and creating monthly campaign performance reports
- Working with other team members and the wider business
- Experience in digital PR and outreach, with examples to back it up
- Using PR databases, software and reporting platforms
- Proven journalistic link building experience
- Great writing skills
- A proactive, positive attitude and willingness to make things happen
- Creative thinking, able to identify unique angles / opportunities and excellent research skills
- Excellent communication skills for outreach and pitching (over the phone, and in-person)
- Great organisational and time-management skills
- Agency experience desirable but not essential
In return we offer
- Competitive salary dependent on experience
- The opportunity to progress your career with a leading digital agency
- 22 days holiday plus bank holidays, rising to 25 based on length of service
- One “duvet day” per year
- One “charity day” per year
- Flexible working hours
- Regular social outings (once back to normal)
- Exclusive staff discounts across hundreds of retailers, cinema, entertainment and tech outlets
- Bike to work scheme
- Company pension
- Friendly and informal positive team environment!
Please forward your CV with a basic cover letter stating why you feel you are suitable for this vacancy.