Junior Web Developer
Careers > Job Description
Are you looking for an exciting career in digital marketing with a company who is at the forefront of the industry, has strong values, and develops its staff?
The SEO Works are a multiple award-winning provider of search marketing and websites for leading brands and prospering SME’s, trading for over 10 years. We are looking for a Junior Web Developer to join our talented team. You’ll help develop websites for our clients across the UK, offering our clients a dynamic, flexible service with energy and enthusiasm. You’ll have experience in building sites using WordPress and a good knowledge of plugins.
You’ll work alongside digital designers and senior developers on a variety of web projects, reporting in to the Web Team Manager. You’ll assist with the management of existing client websites, build a variety of new client websites, help with site security, site efficiency and client liaison.
We are looking for someone who is enthusiastic about web design and development and is willing to learn and develop their own skills alongside our team. Our company values of drive, adaptability, passion, integrity and loyalty will shine through in the right candidate.
- Proficient in responsive web development
- Experience with building sites in WordPress
- Understanding and experience working with HTML, HTML 5, CSS and JS
- Experience with in PHP & SQL
- Understanding of coding to accessibility standards
- Knowledge of in UX & UI best practices
- Having a keen eye for detail, making sure output is always of the highest quality and follows coding standards
- Competitive salary dependent on experience;
- 22 days holiday plus bank holidays, rising to 25 on length of service;
- One “duvet day” per year;
- Staff discounts across hundreds of tech, entertainment and retailers;
- Opportunity to work for a growing, well respected market leader;
- Regular social outings;
- City centre location;
- Child care vouchers;
- Gym discount;
- Bike to work scheme;
- Company pension;
- Friendly and informal positive team environment including table football and wii
Please forward your CV to recruitment [at] seoworks.co.uk stating salary expectations, along with a portfolio of projects you have developed.